Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fishwatermusick (excerpt)

Then I beheld this vision:
Stones gather on the ground
And dance in a circle in the wheel of fire.
Lightly at first an earthy waltz in ¾ time;
After several cycles the tempo picks-up
And the rocks spin faster and faster
Until they begin to glow.
Then I heard a profound melody from the ground---
The waltz flew into liquid music.
Achingly beautiful, seizing my heart and breath,
I cry out from an endless pool of tears within my soul.
Then I began to glow like the stones.
Whirling faster and faster within the wheel of fire,
I enter into a room inside the mountain.
Wandering from floor to floor and hall to hall
In this perfect crystalline chamber.
Light poured off of my flesh
And reflected the crystal walls
Everything bathed in emerald green.

At a golden well I drink from a silver chalice
Water brewed in the mountain for ages!
A most magnificent ale tasting of fruit flowers
And flavors never tasted.
Completely refreshed I walk into a library of fine books
And rare manuscripts and meet a Celtic poet from ages past.
He reads this verse from a book unwritten:
Lily white the morning chants rise
Fresh new dewdrops upon the green treetops---
In an ivory bath the virgin wades…
The poet sings of her comely charms like a bird.

No comments: